sunnuntai 21. joulukuuta 2014

3D-oscilloscope interface

I have a great book "Design Techniques for Electronics Engineers" from McGraw-Hill publications. In this book there is one very simple circuit that adds diagonal axis (Z-axis) to any normal dual-channel oscilloscope that can display X/Y lissajous figures. I decided that this is a good project to end this year. Pictured is my design of this circuit in Euro-modular format and the circuit schematics. There are three inputs with attenuator pots and X/Y-output to the oscilloscope. For 3D-effect the Z-input is applied simultaneously to both the X and Y inputs (amplifiers IC1B and IC1C). Gains through these amplifiers are also adjustable with trimmers to vary the angle of perspective. Here is also a short video to show you what this means in practice. I have connected three different VCOs to the inputs. In this video I adjust the phase between X and Y VCOs and the frequency/wave-shape of all VCOs. I do not yet know if there are any musical applications for this module. The sound from the X/Y-output is not so interesting. If I use the output for modulation purposes I could maybe get more interesting musical results. But the figures that you can generate on oscilloscope are fascinating, much fun for Christmas evenings !


3DOscillo1 from Mauno Tuominen on Vimeo.

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti