tiistai 9. joulukuuta 2014

MicroModular Buchla-simulation

I extended my pseudo random Nord Modular patch with binary weighted pitch-generation. Now this patch simulates quite well Buchlas Quantized Random Voltages output. With the switches in the "Buffers and On/Off Switches"-section you can select N from 1-6. "Binary Weighting" and "Summing" sections simulate the final DA-conversion in Buchlas module. In patch there is also a switch between the feedback loop from last shift register step to the beginning of the LFSR. With this switch you can loop one 6-bit sequence from the LFSR-stream. S/H slave-clock is created with 1ms positive edge delay (see previous post). Pitch quantisation is done with the KeyQuant-module before the output VCO. I tested different parallel output tap-positions from the shift register but I think I will keep this original selection (4,5,9,10,14,17). The "Binary Weighting"-section has much bigger effect to the output than those different tap-positions. With 6-potentiometers in the "Binary Weighting"-section you can modify the final random voltage distribution as much as you like. Now I can proceed to build my prototype of this module.


Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti