maanantai 8. joulukuuta 2014

TTSH 2600 Project

I have always wanted to own an ARP 2600 synthesiser. The prices for these monsters are insane high and what you get with your money is a maybe-working old synth that you need to fix now and then when the electronic components are at the end of their lives. So when I saw the Human Comparators (thehumancomparator.net) ARP 2600 clone project (TTSH 2600) I immediately bought the panel and PCB in the beginning of this year. I have gathered the components and now I have the stuff and time to start building this. I started from the three VCOs where I need matched NPN/PNP transistors. Ray Wilson from MFOS (www.musicfromouterspace.com) has designed a tool for transistor matching. It is based on Robert Moogs original idea. Peter Kvitek from Midisizer (midisizer.com/other/vbe-matching) has designed a nice PCB for this VBE-matching circuit. I converted Peter's Eagle BRD-file to gerber-files that I sent to iTead Studio's PCB prototyping service (imall.iteadstudio.com/open-pcb/pcb-prototyping.html). This service is amazingly cheap. For this size PCB it was with the shipping costs about 1.6€/PCB and the quality of the boards is very good. One drawback in this service is that the minimum order quantity is 10 pcs (anybody there that would like to buy one ?). So now I must first finish with this tool-building sub-project before I can continue with my TTSH project.


Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti